Thursday, June 23, 2005

Let's try this again...

I watched a bit of today's Jerry Springer, "I'm really a woman", or some such nonsense. And I literally mean watched -- I was talking to John, a big Spinger fan in the day, so much so that his email is still jerryspri@popularemailservice.com (I can't figure out how to not have the fake email highlighted like that. Sorry). Today's show was basically two out of shape women fighting over for a man John recognized as a heroine addict (the cheekbones, he says, are giveaways). Do people still watch Springer, because if it weren't for the odd flip into mid-broadcast I'd just as well assume it was cancelled back in 1998. Is there still an audience for that rubbish, a sentiment espoused by my dad back when I used to watch the show for fun as a teen, but that I now find myself feeling, or are the viewers merely folks like myself, viewing the show as an exercise of curiosity? Not that I expect an answer or anything...


The weather was nice today. Almost BC-esque -- blue skies, a nice breeze. It's warm inside so I've been using Kleenex to wipe my forehead, only to have bits tear off and get stuck to my face. So here's a notice: If you see me, and I have something stuck to my face that shouldn't me there, please, let me know.


Right well, hopefully I'll offer up more scintillating commentary soon. Have a good day.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets