Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Religion and Politics

There are two polarizing topics I don't like to discuss: Religion and politics. Everyone has an opinion on both, and no matter what either side tells you, they're convinced they're right and if you don't agree with them, they'll hate you for it (even if they say they don't). Still, I've got to comment on Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court. It's just too much. I don't care much for the guy -- Iraq, Katrina, et al -- but nominating someone with zero judicial experience, likely (and this is where my reasoning behind not discussing politics comes into play) so she has no background for opponents to draw from or accuse her of flip-flopping, and definitely because she's a family friend, is a horrible way to make decisions. It's times like these I'm glad to be Canadian, because Bush isn't even trying anymore. He just does whatever the Hell he wants when he wants.


Now that I've gotten that off my chest...

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets