Monday, August 13, 2007


Hey folks.


Mike Wieringo, artist on Spider-Man, The Flash, the Fantastic Four and many other books, died yesterday of a heart attack. He was only 44 years old. He was one of my favorite artists when I started reading Spider-Man back in the 90s, and did some really nice stuff in the Fantastic Four book a few years back. Most recently he did a ten issue run on Spider-Man, and just finished a Spider-Man/FF mini-series. I've always kind of wondered what it'd be like if folks whose work I admired died and what my reaction would be like since I'd assumed that would still be some years away. Turns out it's kind of like a punch to the gut.


(The sketch to the left is from Mike's blog at http://www.mikewieringo.com/. The Site's a busy right now, but I recommend you stop on by and check out his work. It's worth it.)




No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets