Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What the - - ?

I got blocked on wikipedia! Tonight on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart and guest Jeff Garlin made jokes about the his wikipedia entry, ending with Stewart making a joke about Garlin being nearly killed by mountain goats last year and how it'd end up on his wiki-entry. So I go to Garlin's page and see someone's changed it, and instead go to the discussion page and say how funny it is that it's been changed so quickly.


And then I get BLOCKED. For three days granted, but I'm BLOCKED for three days. For, apparently, encouraging vandalism. Here's the message:


"It is not awesome to vandalize Wikipedia articles just because Jon Stewart said it'd be wacky to do so. Nor is it awesome to tell people that their vandalism is awesome. You are blocked for three days. DS 03:53, 11 September 2007 (UTC) - DragonflySixtyseven"


What'd I do? Come on! Mountain goats nearly killed Jeff Garlin last year? That's very funny.


And, yes, I can still check out the wiki, and, yes, I only go there, like, twice a month or so, but come on! BLOCKED, for chrissakes!

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets