Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Long Weekend

Went to the Toronto Fan Expo this past weekend, and was awfully sore the next day. Most of that had to do with the four and a half hours I spent in various lines at the show (my feet and back were killing me), but my hands and left shoulder were also aching from lugging stuff around. Still, I got a few nice things including an Aquaman maquette for 25 bucks, a hardcover collecting the first Ennis/Dillon Punisher run for 15, and the Essential Godzilla for 5. Not to mention the stuff I got signed that almost makes up for time I spent in line to get them.

I also noticed that there was an almost surprising number of attractive women at the show. Granted from what I could tell they were either there for the Japanese anime stuff, with their boyfriends, or working, but curious nonetheless. After the fact I realized that both times I passed a woman in a skimpy metal bikini top handing out copies of a book titled "Looking for Group" (whatever that means), I unabashedly stared at her chest, but I can't say I feel too bad about that since, really, she wouldn't have worn that if she didn't want the attention. Still, in hindsight I could've been a little more discreet about the whole thing.

After a relatively unproductive Sunday spent soaking the tub for several hours, I wound up feeling pretty stuffed up for the first time this summer -- for all the discomfort caused by the moisture and humidity this summer, it's been nice actually being able to breath -- and slept through most of Tuesday doped up on Sinutab.

Finally here's a funny video I came across. Granted I'm not the biggest Danny Bonaduce fan (what's the deal with this guy anyway? Is he only known for the Partridge Family or did I miss something along the way) but it's kind of nice seeing him throw around that guy from Survivor.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets