Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Favorite Song, and a Few Observations

Here's a couple of youtube clips featuring my absolutely favorite song, "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow". My favorite version is by the Shirelles, but some of the other versions --particularly the one by Dusty Springfield (who, for years, I'd assumed was a man) -- are pretty good. But before we get to that, here are the aforementioned observations.

I voted in the election held a short time ago. For anyone outside Canada, you vote for your local MP (Member of Parliament) and the party with the most MPs has it's leader elected Prime Minister. Needless to say, this is the fifth election I've voted in, and since my candidate didn't win, my success rate is 1-4.

I've been thinking about throwing a US election night party, but there are two things holding me back from going forward with it: 1) I doubt I'd be able to keep my friends focused on the election coverage and we'd just wind up playing Mario Kart and NFL 09 like we do every other time we get together, and 2) if McCain wins I am going to be awfully cheesed off, which won't be fun for anyone. Still, it could be fun I suppose.

The price of Marvel Comics in Canada went up 50 cents last week, and DC is likely to follow suit soon too. My local comic shop has already raised the price of DC titles to match Marvel because they're losing too much at the current prices. A bit of a kick in the head, but it's not too bad since I get a pretty good discount as a regular customer. And since four of the titles I follow have been cancelled (Amazing Spider-Girl, Checkmate, The Flash, and Manhunter), the timing works out. Unfortunately though, since I really like Spider-Girl, the Flash, and Manhunter. Checkmate I was probably going to drop anyway. I shudder to think what it's going to be if Marvel raises the prices in the US. I'd really come to believe that a $4.25 comic was a thing of the past.

Anyway, onto the music:

The Shirelles:

Amy Winehouse:

Carole King:

Elton John:

Dusty Springfield:

Brenda Lee:

The Bee Gees:

Cilla Black:

Rainbow:

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets