Friday, March 06, 2009

"Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out Of Nuggets"


Have you heard of this? Do you know about this?

Apparently the story doesn't live up to the headline -- I got as far as the first few paragraphs before realizing this -- which is a real shame since it honestly sounds like the best news story of the year. Not only is it utterly ridiculous, but it involves one of my favorite words: McNuggets. I think the world would be a much better place if people said "McNuggets" more. It really is a fun word.

Prior to this, my interesting/anecdotal/stupid news interest was drawn toward a story involving a local florist who was scammed out of $22,000 by "Reverend Benjamin Wallace" of Ghana's Christ the King Cathedral. Apparently the florist was contacted and asked to make 850 gift baskets and wreaths, and, failing to question why a church in Ghana would hire a small Canadian florist to handle this, was majorly ripped off.

""If I come out even - no further ahead, no further behind -- I'm happy with that," said Yeomans.

""And lesson learned.""

I suppose all you can do at times like that is laugh -- you've got to admire taking it in stride and all that. I can't help but be curious why a con-artist is interested in $22,000 worth of gift baskets and wreaths though.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets