Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cripes.

I think I have the swine flu. Which stinks. Not that it's that big a deal, I mean, it's just a new version of the flu that's considered risky because most folks immune systems aren't familiar with it, but darn if it doesn't sting all the same. Especially the name. I haven't told my friends about my suspicion yet because I'm not sure I want to give them an invitation to make pig jokes about me. I didn't even think I had it until I saw a list of symptoms at the local drug store -- until that point I'd figured my coughing was related to how dehydrated and sore my throat got at my grandmother's funeral (it was ridiculously hot and humid that day, and the heavy suit, a lack of air conditioning, and a 90 minute funeral service did a number on me), and that my stuffy nose was just my allergies acting up (as is the norm this time of year anyway). Still, I suppose I have been fatigued lately and have had a decrease in my usual appetite.

Hopefully it'll pass soon, especially since I've realized I might have it. It's been about a week and a half now since I've been coughing and all that, which is usually the amount of time a mild case lasts. Still, the fact I might have it really stinks. It's a real kick in the head.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets