Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My grandmother, Eleanor "Nana" Morrow passed away on the weekend. She hadn't been doing well for the past year and a half, a strange bit of immobilizing back pain leading to hospitalization and then to a nursing home. Last week she took a turn for the worse -- we weren't sure if it was due to an infection or if she had a stroke, but she couldn't move or speak very well, if at all. She went back to the hospital last Monday, briefly though, since the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her, and again on Thursday.

I saw her on Friday night for a good couple of hours. She still couldn't move or communicate, but when my brother took her hand she seemed to react facially and her grip tightened. She died the following morning. It still hasn't really sunk in, like I know she's gone, but I don't really think of her like that, like she's still around. I've been busy doing stuff to help out my dad, like rewriting his two page obituary into something that'll fit into the average obit space in our local paper, but it doesn't feel like I'm doing enough. I don't know. It's a weird feeling.

Anyway, I'll try to post something non-death related as soon as I come up with something. Little hard, is all though.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets