Sunday, November 29, 2009

Made-Up Words (and Other Randomly Useless Thoughts)

Made-up words I don't mind (even if they're describing something I have no interest in or if it's kind of gross):

Blog
Bacne
Frolf

Made-up words that get on my nerves:

Tween
Cankles
Vlog
Shizzle
Videographer
Asshat

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I think I'll reiterate my distaste for the word "tween" though. I mean, sure "pre-teen" is kind of lame, but what's wrong with calling a kid a "kid"?

...Sorry about this, but this is the kind of junk that's been circling around my head this weekend. I blame the flu. And that Swiss Chalet commercial with the dad who takes his seemingly estranged daughter out to dinner. I mean, what's going on there? Have they not seen each other for a while, because they seem awfully casual about it if that's the case. But then, you have the mild discomfort exhibited by the daughter, which would imply she hasn't seen him in a while, along with him referring to something he used to do when she was a kid -- the cranberry sauce on the nose -- another sign they've been apart. It's a vexing commercial. Granted, I may be trying to read into it too much, but then, wasn't the point of it to get me interested in the food and not the backstory of the fictional father and daughter?

Yup. That's the junk circling around my head this weekend. Charming, hm?

 

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets