Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hi there.

Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been busy. A got a bookcase; I saw one at Staples a little while back and finally got up there to get it. It's pretty sharp, and was on sale too. Not big news, but it's a great looking shelf all the same.

Haven't seen Indiana Jones yet. Might go to see it sometime, but I think I'd have to go with someone else. I've got to be honest, I'm just not feeling the hype about the Indiana Jones movie. Sure I liked Raider of the Lost Ark, I mean, who didn't? And I have fond memories of watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with my Mom as a child. I don't know though... It just doesn't feel like the must-see movie pheomenon that people seem to think it is. But like I said, I'll probably wind up seeing it in theaters, but only if someone else is going to see it.

Former Minnesota governor was on the Colbert Report about a month ago, promoting his new book adorned with the familiar image of him, you know, that whole neatly bald, mustached, pro-wrestler thing.

That was an older picture since he currently has scraggly hair, no mustache, and is looking pretty paunchy and old. The interview wasn't that great either, since he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor, although Colbert was able to get a rise out of him partway through the interview. But anyway, point is, he seemed a little out of touch and nutty. Then I read this quote from him from Thursday night's "Verdict":

"Well, first of all, I made a statement when I was governor and stand by it today. Love is bigger than government. Who the hell are we as a government to tell people who you can fall in love with? I think it‘s absurd that fact it‘s even being debated."

The man might be a little out there, but damned if he isn't right on the mark there. I'd written him off after the Colbert Interview, but I'm rethinking that.

Final Crisis #1 is out tomorrow and I've got to be honest -- not too excited about this storyline, at least not the same kind of excitement I felt for Marvel's summer crossover, Secret Invasion. Probably has more to do with the whole Countdown debacle that dragged on and on and didn't really go anywhere, the deaths of all the New God characters (all of whom, apparently, are returning in Final Crisis), and the fact that there's characters resembling the New God versions from Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers thing running around the DC universe which I find totally confusing. I'm hoping the first issue gets me really jazzed on this series, since I'm not feeling it right now. I still plan on checking it out and getting every issue for the Grant Morrison writing and the J.G Jones artwork (even if rumor has it there'll be fill-ins down the line).

That's about everything on my mind at the moment. I'll probably check in someone soon and ramble a bit

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets